Minimise costs and stoppages with the IBM Control Desk solution
Maximise and automate service management in accordance with ITIL
IBM Control Desk is software for managing services, as well as digital and physical assets. It can manage all processes from one single platform. IBM Control Desk processes are in accordance with the best ITIL practices, and comes with preconfigured processes. This minimises implementation efforts. It is an evolving solution that will improve operations.
IBM Control Desk is accessible via mobile technology and can be integrated into social media and development tools.
IBM Control Desk is available, with licencing, on-site, with SaaS-Cloud (as a service), and as a virtual machine (VM), hosted by TriNmax. These options give you the freedom to change with transparency as your integration needs evolve.
A large quantity of BIRT and IBM Cognos reports are provided with IBM Control Desk. These tools allow in depth analyses of all of the system’s data. IBM included report models and user rights for BIRT and IBM Cognos software to create operation and information reports related to Control Desk’s database.
IBM Control Desk – Characteristics :
- Life cycle management of digital assets- this solution provides all the functions to manage the life cycle of IT equipment and the conformity of software licensing, including costs and history.
- Management of service requests- complete management of service centres and service requests, problems and incidents paired with the relevant configuration management database (CMDB). IBM Control Desk is supported by automated process management (Workflow). You can manage a large volume of services and treat problem efficiently with automation, while also preserving a complete history.
- Manage changes, configurations and production- it allows for an evolved analysis of impacts. Procedures for change are automated and designed to reduce risks, while guaranteeing continuity and the integrity of services.
- Cataloguing services- gives you access to a self-serve communal application. This catalogue of services lists the services offered, which limits telephone demands. Combined with Workflow, it significantly reduces call centre traffic. This allows personnel to focus on resolving problems.
- Service provider- this deployed, entirely integrated service, gives you access to the functions you need, such as the rebilling of services. This module will assist with your operations allowing you to provide high quality service.
IBM Control Desk is 100% compatible with IBM Maximo Asset Management. It allows you to manage different types of service, classes of assets and resources, in a single instance. This unified platform significantly reduces system maintenance and updates.